SFN have lots of exciting new events up on our ‘events’ page – take a look and come along to whatever you fancy! Newcomers are always welcome. Just wanted to draw your attention to the next month’s offerings:
1) For those of you with great ideas but busy lives, the Pandora Press deadline has been extended to 28th February! The theme is ‘media’; more info and writing prompts can be found at the Pandora Press page. We will be printing this issue in time for International Women’s Day on Thursday March 7th (more details on our IWD event to be emailed out soon).
2) BBC3 are filming a live discussion show called ‘Free Speech’ at Brangwyn Hall on Wednesday 13th February (this Wednesday!). This episode will focus on casual sexism, unemployment, and online safety. Let us know by tomorrow morning if you would like to come to the live show to sit in the audience with SFN. It’s free to attend – arrival time 6pm, and then filming will happen between 8 and 9pm. The more people who want to join us, the better – it would be great to have a strong feminist presence in the audience!
3) We hold regular Feminist Fridays on the last Friday of every month (3.30pm, Costa Coffee at Swansea bus station). This month’s Feminist Friday takes place on 22 February – come along for some fun feminist mayhem! Materials will be provided, although you are of course welcome to bring any of your own!
4) Sexual health charity Brook are putting on a free pro-choice training day on Saturday 2nd March in Bristol University. SFN members will be travelling up on the train – email us if you’d like to join us on the train, or at the event. Email organiser Laura Hurley @ laura.hurleyATbrook.co.uk to register your place on the training day – be sure to register before 22 February!
5) Reminder that seats for the coach trip to Million Women Rise in London are selling fast! The march takes place on Saturday 9 March at 12pm onwards in Oxford Street, London. Contact millionwomenrisecymru2010AThotmail.co.uk if you are interested in paying for a seat on the coach. More info about Million Women Rise can be found here.
6) We have moved our monthly members meetings to the first Thursday of every month at 7.30pm! We will not be able to hold one for the month of March due to International Women’s Day, so the next members meeting will be Thursday 4th April at 7.30pm in the Swansea Women’s Centre. Each meeting will have a discussion topic which will be emailed out beforehand – more info about April’s discussion will be emailed out closer to the date.
Cath (SFN media officer)